Comments for Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
Author: Mamta Das Agarwal | Date: 15 Dec 2016 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
Cinderella is one of the most popular fairy tales of all time. Children and adults love to hear about the magical night when a hard working young woman triumphs over her mean stepsisters.
When narrating this story to your kids do share the learning lessons which can be taken to be happy and successful even in challenging situations.
The story has captured our imaginations so completely that we tend to call all kinds of events a Cinderella story as long as things turn out well for a likeable underdog. To star in a version of your own, take a look at what message the princess demonstrates to you about punctuality, patience, and power.
Cinderella Lessons about Punctuality
Cinderella puts herself in danger when she breaks her promise to her fairy godmother about coming home from the ball before midnight. Being on time reduces stress and shows others that you care about their needs.
- Focus your thoughts. Cinderella broke her curfew because she was having so much fun at the ball. Being mindful of your priorities will help you to keep your eye on the ball even when you're having a ball.
- Honour your commitments. Live up to your promises, especially when you're dealing with your fairy godmother or anyone who has been generous with you. Show others that you're respectful of their time.
- Set reminders. Does time slip away from you? Use the alarm function on your cell phone to remind you of appointments or post a note on your computer screen.
- Plan ahead. Maybe you're trying to pack too much into each day. Budget extra time for errands and projects so you have a little cushion.
Cinderella Lessons about Patience
Cinderella endured many difficulties. Her stepmother and stepsisters insulted her and made her do all the housework. When she did have a chance to relax, she had to sit by the fireplace.
- Transform ordinary tasks. One reason Cinderella is so appealing is that she stayed cheerful while washing dishes and sweeping floors. Look for the purpose behind your daily tasks to make them more meaningful. That makes one enjoy the job at hand; something critical to have fulfilment.
- Develop alternatives. Cinderella didn't give up her dreams just because she didn't receive an invitation to the ball. If you run into an obstacle, find other ways to reach your goals.
- Overcome adversity. Cinderella wasn't just lounging around even when she was sitting in the ashes. She was picking out the peas and lentils her family threw there. You can find opportunities in challenging situations.
Cinderella Lessons about Power
Some modern critics are concerned that Cinderella seems passive. After all, what would have happened if the prince didn't show up to rescue her? If you want to succeed, take charge of your future.
- Make your own magic. Miraculous things are destined to happen even when you don't have a fairy godmother or prince to help you. Thinking strategically and putting your heart into your work pave the way for amazing accomplishments.
- Be kind. Fame and fortune didn't turn Cinderella's head. She invited her family to come and live with her, and her new husband. Sharing your blessings with others will strengthen your relationships whether you live in a palace or a studio apartment.
- Live authentically. Cinderella's sincere goodness shone through when she was dressed in rags, and when she put on an evening gown. Find a path and build a legacy that fits you just like the glass slipper that hugged Cinderella's foot.
It takes more than glass slippers and pumpkins turning into coaches to create a Cinderella story. Being patient and powerful will help you to create and enjoy your own happy ending. It also helps to return home before midnight.
BE CREATIVE AND BE HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL!!
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year