Comments for Career options available to young law Graduates
Career options available to young law Graduates
Author: Shantanu Dutta | Date: 22 May 2017 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
National Law Schools and various other law schools in India are offering 5 year Law courses after 12th. Some of these schools have created a great reputation for themselves with their alumni working for some of the top law firms and MNCs. The opportunities available for graduates from any of the top law schools in India are phenomenal.
Earlier the profession of law was majorly limited to criminal and civil litigation. However, with the country’s economy moving at a fast pace in a positive direction, there is a huge demand for highly skilled lawyers in fields like banking and finance, infrastructure, debt restructuring, corporate law & governance, mergers and acquisitions, international law etc.
Some of the common areas where these graduates find rewarding offers are
- International law firms
Some of the most famous International Law firms visit Indian law schools for campus interviews year after year like Clifford Chance, Allen and Overy, Herbert Smith, etc.A contract with these international law firms is not only rewarding but also a great training and learning experience for young law graduates.
- Consulting and advisory companies
There is a huge list of consulting and advisory companies both Indian and international, these companies visit law school campuses every year to hire the best talent, these companies are the biggest source of placement for top law schools in India. Top Indian law firms like Amarchand Mangaldas, Luthra and Luthra, Nishit Desai associates and many more firms are regularly hiring best talent.
- Legal departments of MNCs and corporate houses
Almost all MNCs and corporate houses have their own legal departments. Companies like Tata & Reliance group companies, Wipro, Infosys, Proctor & Gamble, and PepsiCo etc. are only a few of thise examples. Government sector banks like SBI, Union Bank of India, Central Bank of India, private and MNC banks like ICICI, HDFC, Citibank, American Express, Insurance companies, Telecom companies like Bharti Airtel, Idea, Vodafone etc. hire law graduates as corporate legal advisors or associates in their legal team.Tthese teams do not only look at regular company affairs but also work on complex matters like mergers and acquisitions, and debt restructuring with banks and institutions, etc.
- Legal process outsourcing
This is a relatively new source of employment for law graduates, this segment of legal work has grown rapidly in last eight to ten years. These firms hire law graduates to work on projects for attorneys in USA and UK. Attorneys in developed countries like to outsource part of their work to be completed by very talented team of lawyers sitting at offshore locations.
NGOS is India take up complex tasks and thus have to get through tons of legal formalities; these could be related to various legal permissions, approvals, financing, distribution etc. The NGOs hire law graduates in their team to ensure they get their legal formalities completed by in house lawyers at a fast pace and in a cost effective manner.
- Opportunity for higher studies in International law schools
Indian law graduates from top universities also opt for higher studies in top universities in the USA, Canada and the UK; this can lead them to a highly rewarding career with International and domestic Law firms.
The opportunities have been there, and the importance of the legal profession is growing with rapidly changing scenario the world over. These are opportunities for the youngsters interested in this profession to tap. Go for it!
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year