Comments for Coping with workplace stress
Coping with workplace stress
Author: Shantanu Dutta | Date: 28 Apr 2017 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
The rapidly changing and competitive environment at the workplace has lead to a significant rise in stress levels of the employees. Long working hours and hectic weekends have become a part and parcel of the working class. To keep your mind calm and efficiency levels at its peak we need to become aware and practice the ways in which we can tackle stress at the work place. Survival is essential in this era of competition and here are a few ways in which can you sail through and deal with stress -
1) Always believe in the solution - Root cause of stress is the feeling of not being able to match up to the expectations of your seniors. If your boss has scolded you for not being able to complete an assignment properly, there is no point in sitting and cribbing about it. Have a firm belief that it can be rectified and improved. If you believe that all options have been closed then you are going to limit yourself from rectifying it. Direct your time and energy towards improving your work and delivering better results.
2) Reach out to people - Often it happens that people become so engrossed in work that they forget to interact with the ones around them. Work indeed must be a priority but don't make it the only thing that you do. Talk to your peers and develop a cordial relationship with them which will help you avoid getting into office politics and also from being sidelined. Moreover nowadays the employers are aware of the fact that healthy employees are more productive. Reach out to your supervisors and bring to their knowledge the reasons that cause stress at the workplace. Try not to have a complaining attitude but a problem solving one.
3) Work within your limits - Each individual has his own unique capabilities. Some can perform better on their feet while some take their own time. Taking up too much work will exert pressure leading to stress. This will negatively impact your regular work because you are trying to go beyond your capabilities, i.e. your work capacity. Learn to say "no," while this may sound absurd it is absolutely necessary. You are the best judge of your abilities, so you should plan and take up work accordingly. Draw up a chart of your commitments and if you think you can take out time for extra work, go for it.
4) Always stay focused - The thing with monotonous work is that you start loosing focus. Start identifying and eliminating distractions in your work (phones, idleness, etc.) and clean up your act. Keep your desk clean and always have a hold over time. Develop different ways of doing the same work. If you need to create a plan for a project, think of innovative ways in which you can bring it about. This will not only help you perform better but also instill a feeling of being a learner.
5) Accept constructive criticism - It is the job of your peers and superiors to notify you about your mistakes and shortfalls. Instead of sitting and feeling low because of the criticism, you should try to be open minded and work on it. Ask them on how you can make improvements and deliver better results. This will not only fetch you expert advice but also earn the respect of your seniors and peers for having the patience to listen to their advice.
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year