Comments for Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
Author: Shyam Kalle | Date: 25 Dec 2016 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
The movie ‘Dear Zindagi’ very beautifully portrays the challenges of the dramatically changing times in today’s fast paced world. People all around us lack a confidante or a guide in our lives, and a Life Coach (called ‘Dimaag ka doctor’ in the movie) is just what we need in these circumstances. The movie shows that going to a ‘dimaag ka doctor’ does not require a person to be mentally unstable, and there is nothing to be ashamed of or be apologetic about it. Kaira (Alia Bhat) is grappling with breakups, loneliness, being single, relationship issues with parents, career choices, dating choices, a bad past, and aspires to reach the peak of success at a young age. It’s up to Dr Khan (Shah Rukh Khan) to bring in some calm into her life and make her face her worst fears. Dr Khan never gives her solutions although she seeks answers, but always asks probing questions, and uses stories and metaphorical examples to explain, and then, it is entirely Kaira’s responsibility to act on them. That’s exactly what life coaching is all about!
The movie demonstrates the typical problems each one of us faces, and it is natural to get professional help from a Coach. A qualified Coach is trained to help the client establish the goal, remove limiting beliefs that come in the way, and motivate the client towards achievement of the goal. The Coach does not give advice as is the general myth, but instead engages the client in a collaborative dialog that stimulates the client’s thought process to find their own solutions. When Kaira falls off her bicycle and Dr Khan doesn’t help her up as the Coaching Session time is up, he playfully peddles away, and Kaira is left to help herself. The Coach encourages the clients to pick themselves up and get on with their lives, thus shifting the responsibility back on them.
Kaira was fortunate to come across Dr Khan, so she could take his help, but what about the millions who are in this situation and have not realized where the answer lies? We require a better job, a change of career, better finances, mend a broken relationship, improve our business, want to be healthy, and many more. The personal pressures are many, and each one of us needs a Coach, a guiding hand, an independenat entity that can hold a mirror to us to reflect on what is happening in our lives, so that we are able to tide over those obstacles.
Fortunately, there is help at hand, and a good Coach can truly make a difference to the life of an individual.
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year