Comments for Seek and get help
Seek and get help
Author: Piyush Mahajan | Date: 07 Apr 2017 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
Recently, I was coaching a lady on relationship issues with in-laws. Thankfully, the problem was not huge - a part of it was all because of our expectations from others; and the other part was due to lack of communication between both ends. During the coaching conversation, the coachee herself was able to find solutions to her problems using a systematic approach of coaching i.e. identifying specific problem, understanding what we want, prioritizing our asks, focusing on moving forward rather than exploring past and above all FOCUS ON YOUR HAPPINESS, which in turn will make people around you happy.
This example is very much in sync with the theme of WHO - World Health Day 2017 - Depression: Let’s talk. I remember one of my uncles’ stating “When there is a mention, there is no tension.” Whenever we feel sad, disappointed, indecisive or irritable; we tend to be with ourselves. But if we decide to share our feelings’ baggage with someone, we feel pretty relaxed and if that discussion is with a coach, it will help you to find a direction, and feel motivated & positive. At times, we are in a fix with whom to talk to - parents, they might get judgmental; children/siblings, they might be occupied in their own life challenges; friends, what will they think of my problem! Amidst all the confusion, you might require a person who would not be judgmental and could see the situation as an “outsider” (with objectivity).
Everyone of us goes through wow and tough times. Let’s talk about how we feel, think and behave before it’s too late! Seek and get help, fast.
It could be just be as simple as that to deal with the problem!
Other articles by Piyush Mahajan
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year