Comments for Empowering steps for personal transformation
Empowering steps for personal transformation
Author: Suneeta Lawrence | Date: 12 Dec 2016 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
In the journey of life there will be many twists and turns, ups and downs. While it may be smooth for some, it may be a daunting journey for some. On the way, if one focuses too much on negative aspects, it will only bring about frustration and misfortune. Negative thinking and traits can hold an individual back from what they truly desire to achieve. Feeling frustrated with life usually paves the way for an individual to decide to make a personal transformation.
Fortunately, nothing in life stays forever due to the constancy of change. How about taking a decision to make a meaningful change than waiting for fortune to unfold? While everything that happens in life cannot be controlled, the way one thinks and takes action will significantly shape their destiny. Going through a meaningful change can be exhilarating or stressful. The mind can make change bumpy or smooth based on what one focuses on. Focus on the most vital aspects of personal change to make the process smooth and easy.
So, if you are ready to get on the journey of personal transformation, here are 5 empowering steps that can help change your life journey forever!
1. Examine your beliefs
Your mind helps perceive the world around and as a result, your reality is created. Over a period of time, a strong set of beliefs are created and these support or hold you back. Examine your beliefs as any limiting beliefs may restrict the ability to take action. If your confidence is low and you don’t believe you can succeed, you will never be able to take action on the key aspects required for personal transformation.
Changing negative/limiting beliefs will work in your favor providing great freedom. Recognize the greatest self-beliefs that hold you back and disregard them to adopt new beliefs that empower and motivate you.
- Think about past experiences that block you with a sense of failure. These can give you clues to your limiting beliefs.
- Prepare a list of all the beliefs you have about yourself and the world around you that could be limiting your progress. Tackle them one by one. Prepare a list of counter examples to the belief. Now ask yourself, what will be the disadvantage if I continue to accept this belief? What new belief can I install in place of this? Listen to your intuition and write down what come to your mind.
- It is challenging to examine, find and get rid of all the limiting beliefs you hold. Remember that by letting limiting beliefs go, your ultimate success is guaranteed.
2. Create an exciting vision
Develop a vision, a dream of your perfect future and how your personal transformation will impact your life positively. Ask yourself what you really want out of life. It may take time to discover or may change throughout your life, don’t worry about it.
Ensure that you have a clear picture of how your personal transformation will positively impact your life. Once you do that, think about how you would feel when it comes true and begin to believe that it will come true. When the belief becomes strong, it will begin to influence your everyday actions without your knowledge.
3. Set attainable short term goals
There is a great sense of fulfilment when you achieve personal goals. When you see progress, you will automatically feel motivated to continue as there is a feeling of achievement knowing each goal is taking you one step closer to your final goal.
Hence, make this a powerful tool and set a string of short-term goals, which are achievable milestones. These will gradually lead you to reach your ultimate goal(s).
4. Overcome Your Fears
Fear is something that limits and holds us back from achieving goals. It’s always been there. Earlier, the fear of the unknown served us well as a basic survival instinct. Nowadays, the fear of failure is the major reason that holds us back from our true potential apart from fear of success.
Do not allow fear of failure or success to trap you in your comfort zone; instead look for new breakthroughs and the wisdom that comes from these experiences. Always trust your intuition and take a step, if you succeed you will be happy; if you lose, you will be wise!
5. Surround yourself with those on similar path
Observe and avoid anyone who talks negatively, discourages, or hold you back from your dreams and aspirations. In reality, most of these people do not want you to succeed out of envy.
Surround yourself with people who hold the same values you have. You will soon be amazed at the energy that is created and how they will be able to empower, help, and motivate you to reach success together.
You can check out groups, online forums, clubs where you can share accountability and help each other. This will meaningfully reinforce your decision.
Creating a successful personal transformation is one of the vital ways to change your life positively.
Choose to reject any negative thoughts and live your best life. Let go of everything that did not help you in the past, to allow the future to be built and designed through the power of your mind.
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year