Comments for Simple one minute life hacks to Win and be a Success
Simple one minute life hacks to Win and be a Success
Author: Ashima Gupta | Date: 18 Apr 2017 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
Simple one minute life hacks to Win and be a Success
- When you have to go for an important meeting or talk and you are feeling nervous, this life hack will help you feel confident immediately. Stand straight in a super hero pose, chin held high and think how powerful you are and then quickly visualise the applaud you are getting on the success of your meeting or talk.
- Whenever you feel annoyed over anything, be it bad traffic or an argument at your workplace- stop and focus on deep breathing for one minute. Really concentrate on taking in a breath all the way to your stomach (not shallow breathing till chest cavity). For a few moments think and focus on only the cool air entering your lungs and filling your stomach. Hold for 5 sec and again concentrate and feel the air exiting your mouth. Repeat this several times for a minute and you will be amazed to see how less annoying your annoyance becomes. It will help you from a trigger reaction that would probably only escalate the annoyance otherwise.
- Whenever you feel stuck, look for a memory when things went well and you were not stuck. Change seats physically and step to a different position from your stuck part and imagine that there is a part of you that was not stuck, and from this half look at the challenges. In that unstuck role you will collect all your thoughts about what you did differently when things went well. This will open your mind to all possible workable solutions. This may sound a bit weird, but changing perspective physically does help a lot.
- Develop an ‘Attitude of Gratitude’ and practice it regularly for a minute in the morning and/or night. Remind yourself of all the things you can be grateful for and count your blessings. Feeling genuinely grateful for the blessings you have will keep you from feeling negative or dejected and will gradually build a strong mental state.
- This is for people who feel overwhelmed and confused by their emotions. When someone is rude to you or behaves with you inappropriately, what is your first reaction/ thought—you either feel that you have done something wrong or you just stand there and feel awful or react emotionally. Right? Now what I encourage you to do is, that the moment something happens that starts taking you down the drain hole, switch gears to critical thinking and ask yourselves a series of questions about what alternative reasons there could be for what they are perceiving. For example, the person they are interacting with has a bad migraine or is stressed himself, or the person is himself going through a bad patch in life. Then once you have done this critical thinking for a minute or so, act in accordance with the most rational explanation i.e if the other person is stressed himself then let it go or if the other person is doing something seemingly attacking then be calm and assertive. This will not only prevent you from over reacting and hence keep the situation under control but also prevent sucking up on your emotions.
- When you find yourself thinking and feeling if you have the capability to achieve that what you desire or whether you will be able to do it, take out a minute to think of a happy memory or achievement that you are proud of. It could be something new or something from a while ago. This would immediately infuse in you a new energy and determination to work towards your goals.
- This is a hack to quick fix anger. We all know that when we are angry we lose the capability to think straight and our words and actions lead to sabotaging our chances of success. So the moment you feel anger and something starts boiling inside, take one sip of water in your mouth. Move towards the washroom and rinse, telling yourself that ‘I have thrown out all the anger’. Take a deep breath and move back to the scene. Hey! now you are reading and smiling.
- Mindful Breathing….is one of the hacks I use most often. We often find ourselves trying to avoid certain feelings or situations. We try to escape them by numbing ourselves with overindulgence in food or sweets or drinks. But this is not the solution. In fact avoidance is the core ingredient of lots of mental illness. The best way to deal with the urge of avoidance is to breathe mindfully…tune in with your breath, focus on what is happening around you and allow whatever you are feeling without judgement, feeling compassion for yourself.
- Stop taking things personally. Don’t waste time in assigning meaning to what other people do or say. It is you who decides how your life is going to look and not them. If you are taking what other people do or say personally, then you are probably suffering with a lot of grief and dealing with unnecessary stress. Remember what other people say is about them and not you, it is about their beliefs, values and perceptions. It has NOTHING to do with you. When you learn to accept that when you don’t take things personally, you can become impervious to other people’s opinions, their negativity and simply accept the reality the way it is and move on.
- Forgive and forget. Practicing the art of forgiveness is the key to mental peace and happiness and leads you to win in most situations. As I said it is an art hence needs to be practiced regularly to develop over a period of time.
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year