Comments for Productivity Hacks
Author: Tanuj Saxena | Date: 20 Mar 2017 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
PRODUCTIVITY, isn’t a new term coined recently and it simply means how much extra output can be generated while keeping the input resources the same. It simply focuses on the efficiency and thereby on the optimization of utilization of resources. As we have moved from industrial economy to a knowledge based economy, it has become increasingly difficult to measure productivity of employees where input now isn’t physical or tangible but it is in terms of intelligence, which is intangible.
Now, therefore your productivity is dependent on your ‘smartness’, it’s time to get smart and use some hacks to deliver maximum results in minimal time. Here are some of my favorite hacks which have helped me improve my productivity in the last 5-6 years.
- My first hack is to treat big goals as a plain glass and smash it till the time it gets converted into smallest pieces of glass. This activity has 2 benefits; firstly, it immediately boosts my confidence that this is no longer a big goal J, secondly, I can easily identify what all small steps I have to take each day to reach my final destination.
- The second hack is to create, what I call a SMART TO DO LIST, which is derived from step 1. This is different from a regular To-Do-List and has only top 3-5 tasks which require my undivided attention and can’t be shifted to any other day. Short-listing of such tasks requires investment of first 10-15 mins of working hours, post which I strive to finish these tasks under all circumstances.
- My third hack is to respond to emails as soon as I read them to ensure I don’t waste time in re-reading and comprehending the matter once again later on.
- Since my job requires frequent travel, the fourth hack is around my ‘Airplane Mode’ time which I use for creative visualization & day dreaming which fills my life with new energy and hope for better future.
- My fifth hack, Standardization, is inspired from some really successful people like Mark Zukerberg, Steve Jobs etc. who do the same things at the same time over and over again. Although I have implemented this for few tasks like breakfast, leaving the office at certain time to beat the traffic, selecting the week’s wardrobe in advance, I still believe this list can be made more exhaustive to save time for critical tasks.
Simply remember, improving productivity is all about adding few more minutes, or even better, hours. The ultimate objective is to deliver more, faster and yet better in quality, than what your colleagues or competitors would have delivered.
I hope you will find these tips useful and should be able to raise your level of performance.
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year