Comments for Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
Author: Namita Sinha | Date: 10 Oct 2016 | Comment: 0 Share: | | |
In my quest for continuous improvement in my professional practice , trying to better myself on the principles and skills widely accepted to be the arsenal of a Life Coach, I realized that once we start coaching more and more people, we may get to see a common pattern evolving and helping us understand and assist people with their situations and journeys, yet it is so important to also acknowledge at the same time that every individual is unique with his or her unique context, and at no point should we rush to categorize or classify a person as per our professional experience .
We rather be prepared to risk a bit of failure and be confronted with some surprise element or a ” What next.. “, at some junction rather than allowing our subconscious to fit every living being and his situation into the frame of some or the other past learning of ours.
To be a successful Coach, there exists a dire need to genuinely keep ourselves open to exploring a new life and a new mindset every day, and add to our own learning experience first , rather than feeling victorious that “Oh, I managed to figure my Client and trace him to that oft repeated concept of Coaching that I have tested for so many…”
Not to be judgmental at all, in the truest spirit would mean totally disconnecting ourselves first from our own past and present, and delve into the client’s world as if discovering a totally new space each time..
Indeed that’s one of the reasons why we prefer Coaching to be separate from Counselling or any Therapy or Consulting,…it is definitely a journey of Equals, and there’s lot more of Compassionate Listening and Absorbing from the part of the Coach rather than ‘talking, suggesting or advising’, and rightfully it’s a process of supporting and helping the client himself find his unique solution!
This article was published by International Coaching News, in their 12th edition (November 2015).
It was originally published by me in my blog: http://mydovecorner.blogspot.com/2015/06/life-coaching-indeed-unique-journey-of.html ;
also in Linkedin Pulse – https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/life-coaching-unique-journey-equals-namita-sinha
Other articles by Namita Sinha
- Coping with workplace stress
- What Success means to me?
- Productivity Hacks
- 5 Steps to Build Confidence for Women Relaunching their Career - 2nd innings
- Preparing To Retire
- Why Do Goals Fail
- Being your true self
- Dear Zindagi – Let me know how to get there
- Being Happy and Successful - The Cinderella Way
- Understanding and achieving all round Wellness
- The constancy of change
- Empowering steps for personal transformation
- Make your life Awesome in 2 weeks!
- 15 tips to enjoy greater happiness in life
- This is why we do not succeed
- Chasing Goals
- The importance of 100% commitment
- Somethings that Matter
- And thats what the journey of Success is all About..
- The Surprising Facts about talking to Strangers.
- Everything seems to be perfect, but there is still something missing..
- What’s In It For The Leader..
- Life Coaching - A unique journey of Equals
- The Corporate Pressure Cooker
- The Learning Perspective
- What the C-suite really needs!
- Guilty or not Guilty!
- The Importance of PR in Life
- Create your 2016 an Epic year